TOP TEN TIPS FOR CHAG
1) Find your recipes and print them up.
2) Turn those recipes into ingredients.
3) Search your kitchen and pantry to find out which ingredients you have and mark them off your list.
4) Turn the remaining ingredients into individual lists for each store you need to shop at.
5) Look for anything that can be done ahead of time, like salad dressing or things that can be made a day ahead or frozen and thawed.
6) Set your table and mark all dishes and platters with post it notes saying what is going into each dish.
7) Do your big shop the day before.
8) Individually bag all the ingredients for each recipe into seperate bags. Put a copy of that recipe inside before tying it up and putting it in the fridge.
9) Get all the cooking done leaving a full hour. Use 30 minutes to get ready so you feel pretty. Use the last 30 minutes to wipe down the mess, dress the salads and warm up anything that needs to be heated.
10) Make sure that I at go time you are ready to greet and enjoy your guests. There is no more cooking. What is done is done. It is now time to enjoy friends and family and make the most of your simcha.
Wishing you a wonderful chag, filled with all of Hashem’s blessings.